Our President’s Message
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey As an active member of the New Jersey Chapter since 2011, and an Executive Board member since 2014, I have enjoyed the opportunity to serve the needs of the New Jersey Chapter through the years. My passion for people, and their personal and professional development drives me to continue the 35+ year legacy of the New Jersey chapter, and its mission to create intellectual and economic wealth for the Black community. Sustainability is a key challenge for the future of the New Jersey chapter. Therefore, as President, my strategic vision is to Inspire, Ignite, and Intensify our New Jersey Chapter by …
- Inspiring to drive the organizations’ 3 program pillars:
- Education & Career Exploration
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Economic Prosperity
- Igniting new members and retaining memberships by offering intentional programming that serves the needs of the membership, as well as provide value of membership.
- Intensifying positive working relationships with corporate partners and foster new relationships.
As we embark on the new era of “Inclusion and Diversity”, there is more of an emphasis to foster an inclusive culture, along with the need for a diverse workforce. The New Jersey Chapter is chartered with engaging our corporate partners and the community at large on the importance of inclusiveness and belonging in order to make a significant impact on strategic initiatives. I invite you to review our website, attend our events and get more involved in the power of belonging. The future of our organization not only belongs to the Leadership team alone, it requires commitment, cooperation and teamwork from all of us. I know that together we can sustain this organization. Together we are “Jersey-Strong” and we can do great things!
Sonya Ruffin President,
New Jersey Chapter